Re: [NTLK] down time

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 19:55:35 EDT

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Frank Gruendel wrote:

> Nice reasoning. This is why I always carry a gun when I board a plane.
> Statistically it is next to impossible that two passengers on the same plane
> carry a gun at the same time.

*ahem* I'll make sure to tell all the airport staff that when I fly in
two weeks. I'm sure they'll appreciate it. Yeah. </sarcasm>

> It seems that things must go wrong for a little time to make you
> realize that they went right all the time before. I apologize in
> advance if similar posts which have been sent during down time will
> eventually flood this list, but I'd like to give a great big thanks to
> Victor. I don't even remember when the problems with PlanetNewton
> disappeared because Victor had taken over. Since then it has always
> been "sit back, relax and wait for your daily dose of NewtonTalk" for
> me. For all this time, without the slightest hiccup. Something which
> is not exactly the standard these days even with companies who have
> heaps of people paid full-time for keeping things running smoothly.

Hey, thanks everyone, but I don't deserve all the praise: Bill and David
from Guns keep the hardware running smoothly for me all the time. They
deserve as much praise as I do.