Re: [NTLK] [OT now] The OQO should have been the new Newton?

From: richard_at_cyberphotographer.com
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 15:13:59 EDT

> >I fail to see why Microsoft should be blamed for idiots running
>viruses like Klez.

The fact that you agree that 'IDIOTS' are capable of bringing the
world's network to its knees by exploiting basic vulnerabilities in
the world's most lucrative software should be a pointer. The fact
that it happens every two weeks starts to look like carelessness
and/or incompetence on the part of M$. M$ software is not only
exploited owing to its popularity, but also to its sloppiness. I
think the script kiddies are doing us all a service by highlighting
the general insecurity of a product for which we are all forced to
pay a huge tax (even us Mac zealots). There are more sinister forces
in the world than script kiddies. See if your bank will tell you how
much money they lost last year to hackers. Wonder if they even know.