Re: [NTLK] [ot] Convincing argument against MS

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Jun 09 2002 - 01:14:07 EDT

On Saturday, June 8, 2002, at 11:31 PM, Lee, Christopher J wrote:

> Well...unless I'm mistaken, there really isn't any roadblock built into
> the
> OS to keep one from installing Netscape (other than the fact that it's a
> lousy browser compared to IE5) or Photoshop or Premier or any other
> program
> that replaces a bundled Windows app.
You can add a competing product. But in the case of IE, you cannot
remove the one you don't like! Internet Explorer is not bundled with the
OS, it is integrated to the OS.

> I, as a consumer, appreciate that I
> don't have to go out and buy 20 different apps to do things that MS
> included
> bundled apps for.
Of course. That is the whole goal of bundled apps. But you asked why
people might prefer something else to Windows, aside from hatred of MS.
And I am saying, from personal experience and reviews in PC magazines,
Apple's bundled apps are better. That is one reason I prefer Mac OS.