Re: [NTLK] Greek Fonts 'n Unicode

From: Michael 'Mickey' Sattler (michael_at_GeekTimes.com)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 00:00:17 EDT

At 20:38 -0700 6/9/2002, Daedalus Guy wrote:

>...As Michael points out, it might just not be worth the extra
>effort (especially considering the Newton platform isn't exactly
>expanding rapidly)...

Well, it's been a while since I cracked the Newton programming
manuals now safely covered with dust in the basement, but some small
part of my memory remembers that all Newton fonts are Unicode (even
though the NewtonScript input methods appear to use ASCII).

I think this is why NewtonBooks (in Unicode, double-byte) are twice
the size of the ASCII (single-byte) text.

Michael "Mickey" Sattler, Geek Times   <mailto:michael_at_GeekTimes.com>
San Francisco, California, USA    <http://www.GeekTimes.com/michael/>

I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there. -- Richard Feynman (1918 - 1988)