Re: [NTLK] WaveLAN Driver 1.0

From: Jesse Garnier (jgarnier_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 17:32:43 EDT

Oliver Brose wrote not long ago (6/10/02 5:19 PM):

> I guess we should all motivate this feature by paying for the current
> driver as soon as we can.

Let me be the first to second this emotion. For me, this is the single-
biggest piece of software ever written for the Newton, because it enables so
many other things. The Newton makes *so* much sense without wires. (BTW, I
think Paul Guyot's ATA Support will be at the same level when it's
released.)

I'm sorry if that statement sounds like hyperbole, but I've used a Newton
every day for the past seven years or so, and 802.11 has totally changed the
way I use my green friend.

And at $10, it's a steal, especially considering all the use we've gotten
from it over the past year or so for free.

--Jesse