[NTLK] [OT] PowerBook Battery

From: anrp_at_irulethe.net
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 22:17:05 EDT

Hello,

I have a FireWire G3 PowerBook that has quite an interesting problem
with the battery. The battery runs normally for about 2/3 of the way,
but then when it reaches ~33%, *bang* it's at 0%. (I also get only
about 25 minutes of run time from this battery -_-) Does anybody know
why this is happening? (I have AppleCare for the thing, but the loss
of my laptop for ~1-2 weeks ... *sob* .. i wonder if it's something
I can fix) The battery is a Li-Ion Apple Standard Battery (bet you
thought is was a NiMH battery ^_^). It might have something to do
with the fact that my brother dropped the 'book a while back.

Is there a fix for this ? (Or should I just slap my brother and send
it in to Apple...)

Oh, BTW, Linux *rocks* on this thing. I find myself preferring it
over MacOS in most cases (better DivX performance, DVD playing works
(in a Mac laptop =O), POSIX compliance, etc... (it's also a custom
build system, so it starts up in 20 seconds ... I wait for the
operating system that starts that fast to be this usable))

Ideas?

Andrew Patrikalakis

-----
Best IRC Quotes #37:
<Satan> hide your women and children
* gattaca hides his women and children
<gattaca> oh wait, i don't have any women and children =(
* Satan hides gattaca
<gattaca> hurray, i am safe, protected by Satan ... that doesn't sound right