[NTLK] 130 shutting off...

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 10:46:38 EDT

Ok, here's our problem. My old 130 has started shutting off at random, and
giving me a message that the power was interrupted. I have taken the back
off, and tried tugging on the red power wire inside. This seems to have the
effect of shutting off the unit. I say "seems" because if I do it while the
the Newton is still activating packages, it doesn't shut off. As soon as it
stops activating packages, however, and starts popping up the message that a
power interruption caused the system to restart, it will then shut off. If
this were purely a hardware issue, wouldn't it shut off even while
activating packages? Am I barking up the wrong tree? Frank?? Anybody? TIA...

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry