Re: [NTLK] Latches on back of MP2X00

From: LA GREEN (lagoff1_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 15 2002 - 20:20:25 EDT

THIS reply was given about a monthy ago regarding the door clasp.

The door clasp is held in place by a slightly flexing "D" shaped
piece of plastic with a nub in the middle, which fits into a rectanglar
well on the back cover - the slot is on the inside - the depth facing
the outside. The D shaped piee is on the inner side of the clasp, away
from the "longer" end of the visiblecurved clasp. there are two L
shaped pegs pointing up from the visible clasp. These pop into the two
slots below the well on the back cover - toward the middle of the Newt.

   To extract the old clasp, push the two L-pegs inward from the sides,
and it will slide out. To put the new one in, make sure to set the D
shaped flex part in it's slot toward the top of the Newton (for the top
clasp) before inserting the L-pegs.

ORIGIANLLY JIM

LAG