Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 with GPS Magellan330?%26In-Reply-To=%26lt;DGEPLOJKEAADKIKNDDDOMEGMCPAA.mp2100@mail-gw.estec.esa.nl>

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 04:00:08 EDT

Vector based maps support zoom levels from big overview down to the smallest
detail contained in the map. Of course this needs some processor power, but
the map file takes less space than a pixel based image with the same level
of detail.
If you are limited to pixel maps you will probably need different maps for
towns (street level) and for states (long distance level)
Using GPS Map you can switch easily between maps - if they exist.
But as I already said: you can even prepare your own maps for use with GPS
Map.

I do not know if MS Streets is vectorbased, but I strongly assume that.

If you use a 20MB or 32MB flash memory in your Newt, the space for the maps
is no issue.

Johannes