Re: [NTLK] 28 2100s!

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 12:54:05 EDT

richard_at_cyberphotographer.com wrote:
> So did I. I am not experienced at using eBay but I was prepared to
> bid more than the final price which is irritating. It just
> skyrocketed in the last few seconds. Is that the way it usually works
> on eBay?

Yes. Basically, if you don't want to get "sniped" on EBay, then I recommend
you bid the most that you are willing to pay -- and then walk away. Since it
is proxy bidding, you should be fine to do that. If you lose, then it went
for more than you were willing to pay and therefore you shouldn't feel too bad
about it. Of course, I can't always bring myself to do that -- so I can't say
that I always take my own advice.

But, that is the safest way to bid and not feel angry with yourself for not
bidding more later...

 - John...