Re: [NTLK] Battery cages

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 03:46:36 EDT

> It seems that you have seen battery cages for the MP2x00 series.
> Have a look at http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/Npages/Naccu/Naccu.html
> If so, i would recommend to grab a few (or all), because in the Newt
> community there migh be a lot of people interested, including me.

> > Newton that looked like they held four batteries. "Apple" and "Newton"
> > were on the package labels, and the sign said "For Apple Newtons." The
> > cost was a dollar each.
> > Recently making the connection to what I saw at the store, I've also
been
> > wondering about the battery situation for the 2000 and 2100.

I would like to buy a larger amount of these batt cages, if they are really
MP2k ones. Meanwhile I got about 16 PCB's for the upgrade of the battery
cage, according to my above mentioned web page. If I could get spare batt
cages I could modify them in advance and finally sell them for a good price
to the Newton community. The modified cage might be expensive in comparison
to an accu but one has to bear in mind that refurbishing of the accu pack is
done in 30 seconds w/o skilled work and special tools.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG