Re: [NTLK] SER-001 with Pix Solutions overclock

From: James Mackey (mackeyj24_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 22:11:55 EDT

I don't think so. But they are a reputable company, and you shouldn't have
any problems with the transaction once you secure an account from the morons
at Paypal.

Supposedly PayPal accounts were easy to obtain in the past, but now you have
to fax them your life story, all your bank statements, and your last
colonoscopy result. I told them what a hassle it was and that I would use
their competition, and that they could pretty much bite me, and they replied
with account approval.

Or you can pay me and I can order it for you.

If you need someone to do the mod, I can do it (negotiate price offline).
Pixsends the PCB card with a segment of unshielded bare-ass wire, which I
recommend you promptly throw in the trash.

JM >From: >Reply-To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net >To: >Subject: Re: [NTLK]
SER-001 with Pix Solutions overclock >Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:57:58 -0400
>>>Is anyone selling any of the PIX upgrades here in the US? >>Fred
>>-----Original Message----- >From: James Mackey
[mailto:mackeyj24_at_hotmail.com]=20 >Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 7:48 PM
>To:newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net >Subject: [NTLK] SER-001 with Pix Solutions
overclock >>Since people are talking about SER-001 and overclocking, I feel
>compelled >toshare my experience. The Pix Solution Implant accelerator has
one >wire >that must be soldered to a pin which connects to the socket that
the >SER-001 >plugs into. I was concerned that two mods sharing the same pin
could >cause a >problem, but due to my huevos grandes or complete apathy
(notsure >which)--I >combined the two and have not run into any real
problems. My >understanding >is that if you do the $5 Radio Shack street
ghetto overclock, it will >speed >up the sound (which is gay). I don't know
if that is true or if it >bothers >anyone. The Implant doesn't affect it and
seems to work just fine. I >have >also been able to connect to my Mac
throughthe SER-001 without >disabling >theaccelerator. Many people say the
accelerator messes up the connection >through the interconnect port
(w/exterior dongle) so that you can't use >a >keyboard or serial connection.
I don't know if the pin sharing fixes >that >problem, or if the problems
withoverclocking and serial ports are just >fiction. Finally, the biggest
difference I've noticed is when running >any >WABA-type program. Before the
Implant, I would just sit around and wait >for >the Newton "?" to disappear
from the top of the screen. Now it just >flashes >imperceptably and I hardly
notice it. JM

--- Links ---
   1 'http://g.msn.com/1HM505401/47'