Re: [NTLK] Simplemail error

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Jun 22 2002 - 14:11:06 EDT

on 6/22/02 11:18 AM, IMNewtMan_at_aol.com at IMNewtMan_at_aol.com wrote:

> Thanks for the RTFM ;-)
    Sorry ... Sometimes it turns out to be some simple thing someone has
overlooked in the setting. My first question when some calls me and says "My
computer isn't working .... Help!!!" is "Is it plugged in or if you're using
a power bar is it plugged in and turned on?" After they've finished
screaming at me about how they're not that stupid etc. you'd be surprised
how many times it turns out to have been a loose power connection or the
cat/dog/toddler turned off the power bar.
    Anyway ... That long aside over with ... Is it possible the Comcast mail
server is looking for some additional piece of information? Is it POP or
IMAP?
    I've also run across some servers that rather than wanting just the
server also want your user or account name as part of the mail server name:
    username_at_pop1.isp.com for example rather than just pop1.isp.com

Peter