Re: [NTLK] New Newts!!

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 03:54:06 EDT

Jim,

Very presumptuous of you!

There may be some of us who have the $ to spend and would rather have a
pristine Newt for $600. You know, many of us purchased our Newts when
they were new for over $1,000.

...oh and BTW, those same some of us may also purchase the cheap ones as
well.

As for your comment:

>it is obsolete and bulky, and nobody is writing any sexy
>new modern programs for it.

Huh?

Lot's of new developments going on these days.

Some very exciting ones already released and others coming down the pike.

>Anyone who believes otherwise is delusional.

Oh well, I guess a bunch of us must not only be green but also
delusional. ;-)

...no worries here...

Kind of reminds me when the Apache came along. Great aircraft, but
complex and very hard to maintain. However, it was billed as making the
Cobra obsolete.

Low and behold, the simple antiquated and obsolete Cobra is still being
called upon as recently as the war in Afghanistan. And the Marines have
plans to continue using them out through 2025.

Hmmm...

If the Newt does what I need it to do, then to me that is not an obsolete
nor useless platform.

As for the size, personally I prefer the big screen and view the smaller
ones as having a handicap. Especially when it comes to handwriting
recognition -- even for those who have hard to read chicken scratching!

A different perspective from a former Palm, Pocket PC and other handheld
device user...

My 2 cents!

Sushi