Re: [NTLK] Great White Newt, Phase II

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 03:14:54 EDT

> How about getting the case rid of all those electronic parts?
The very positive thing about the Newton is that all parts are mounted with
removable connections, thus screws and snap-in things only. All you need is
a large table, patience and a certain knowledge to open the snap-ins of the
rear cover. This is the hardest part, IMHO, but there are several
instructions which describe more or less detailed how to not damage the
snappers. I hate especially those beside the pen holder. On the first Newton
I tried to open I've damaged one of these...

The strange thing is that there are differences between Newtons. Some open
totally easy and some not, but require e.g. a different sequence of pressure
and pulling force under different angles. I assume that Apple has a secret
'how to open' instruction.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG