Re: [NTLK] Newton wireless: GPRS / PC-Card / Bluetooth

From: Camillus Guhl (cam_at_guhl.net)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 09:24:52 EDT

I got my option globetrotter (http://www.option.com/trotter.htm) trial unit
yesterday. The pc card is very small - even with the triband-gprs pc card
inserted my newton 2100 still fits perfectly in its leather case.

The newton recognized the pc card right away, right now I am fiddling with
different option modem drivers found on UNNA (I have got two from novamedia,
another one from former newtonshop.com) and different NIE setups to get a GPRS
connection (hopefully) or at least a dial up connection working.

My 2100 refused to work with my (old) option firstfone (timed out all the time)
after a few months, now it seems to have the very same problem with the
globetrotter - I will give it a try in my spare newton 2100 or try to get it
dial into a GSM network/internet with PT100.

To be continued...

Regards
Cam