[NTLK] Abandonware (from New 2100 on eBay)

From: Christopher Frazier (cfrazier_at_webplantation.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 11:42:22 EDT

>Can it still be registered? I seem to recall someone posting
>here a few months ago that they wanted to pay for it but couldn't
anymore.

That's something I've been wondering about here... What's the deal with
abandonware? I've been popping around on UNNA and have noticed that a
number of the packages that I've wanted to use were published by
organizations that aren't around. Maybe those packages aren't worth
using, but it made me ask myself what the community is doing about good
software that's no longer legitimately available. What's the general
concensus?

Chris