Re: [NTLK] Software recommendation?

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 11:27:43 EST

>I'd like to create a database of nearby restaurants on my Newton, with
>fields such as:
>Name, Type of Food, Address, Phone, Open/Close Times
>Nothing fancy. Basically just structured data storage.
I tend to limit myself to existing and well established solutions. If you
look closer you will see that you could in principle use the existing names
and I don't see a strong reason to use Notion. I don't say the Notion is
bad, I like it but could, for example, search in the data base for a
restaurant which is open at a given time? I don't believe so! As like Names
cannot, so why don't you use just that? With MoreInfo you'd get a field for
entering of opening hours and the type of food could go into notes. The
separation from other names is easy done with the tab/filing and in fact I
have tabs with restaurants and hotels in my names.

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG