Re: [NTLK] Qfigure Works - Moving package

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 14:11:42 EST

IMNewtMan_at_aol.com wrote:

> I have Quickfigure works installed (licensed) on my UMP2000. I have a MP2100 that I am using as my workhorse Newton (Case isn't in great shape). Does anyone have an idea on how to move QFworks from one Newt to another? I keep getting the message that I can't run the package on the newt because I have never run the original version on it before.
> I have not located the original package anywhere, yet so that is not an option. Any ideas? This is what happens when you get misguided and use another "PDA" for awhile - you lose trake of your Newton resources!
>
> Disclaimer: I am not asking anyone to send me the software. I do not want to pirate software.

Yes, when the company that wrote QFWorks initially came out with the
1.1.1 update, they put a copy protection of some sort that checks to see
if you had the original version before, which happened to be version
1.0. If not, then it won't let you use the 1.1.1 update. So, whenever I
wipe my external card, I always install the original QFWorks, then
launch NewtonWorks, quit, remove QFWorks and then install the 1.1.1
QFWorks.

-Laurent.

mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com             Washington, DC,
USA
"Heuristics are bug ridden by definition. If they didn't have bugs,
then they'd be algorithms."