Re: [NTLK] Problems with internal flash or RAM

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 03:11:53 EST

on 27-02-2002 2:05, Johannes Wolf at jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl wrote:

> I think Robert could answer this best:

Thanks for the honor, but I'm afraid that there are people on this list that
would know quite a bit more about this.

> I already reported that I have fairly often the error -10008 occuring, by
> changing the view of a drawer, opening the extras drawer or something like
> that.

-snip-

> Trying to install the patch I got (not everytime) an Error message that the
> installation of the patch failed...
> This might be an indication that the internal flash is not 100% ok, but what
> is the reason for the -10008 errors then?

-10008 is an Operating System Error: 'Item not found' so there seems to be
something wrong at the OS level, which would seem consistent with your
problems with installing the (system?) patch.

Did you try a Brain Wipe and see if the problem persists ?
(Brain Wipe only after two good backups, of course)

Robert Benschop