Re: [NTLK] [ANN] LearnFast 2.2b2

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 04:54:36 EST

Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 23:16:41 -0800
From: Glenn Roe <myhome_at_cwnet.com>

>Downloaded the package and it looks interesting, but I can't find any
>help, and I guess I'm not intuitive enough to figure it out. Any help or
>directions available?

Sorry, no documentation has been written yet.

Let me summarize quickly. The software runs in various modes:
* question editing mode (the mode that happens when you run it)
* test mode (happening when you tap the start button)
* review mode (happening when you tap the review button)

You edit the questions, file them in various folders. Then you go to
a given folder (choose all items for all the questions) and start the
test. The software asks you for the answer, you write it, tap the >>
button.
If your answer is correct, it will ask for another question.
If your answer isn't correct, it will show you the answer and once
you would have tapped the >> button again, it will ask you another
question.

Prefs let you set the sound played when a correct or an incorrect
answer is entered and how the next question is selected. The
questions are always selected within the current folder (so you can
work various subjects with the software and focus on one subject at
the same time) but chosen randomly depending on your score at the
questions (so the question you know less are asked more often).

Feel free to ask me any question if you need further help. This
description may not be totally accurate as I have just described the
software from my memories.

Now, if someone is willing to write a full documentation with screen
shots, I'll take it. In the meanwhile, I think that writing the doc
for LearnFast is at the very bottom of my scheduler.

Paul

--
Looking for time. Please make an offer. Serious sellers only.
No need to ask, I won't trade my soul, I don't have any.