Re: [NTLK] gluing bits back on

From: vze3pz9z (vze3pz9z_at_bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 10:12:28 EST

>I want to get the battery pack cover back on, and strong! will the 2-part
>plastic cement do the trick, and not add too much material at the seam?
>Or should I try model glue, and let the plastic melt & mold together? (I
>have worked with model glue on very small parts before, so I'm not worried
>about deforming anything; I know how much to use and how much pressure to
>put on it.) I'm pretty sure model glue will work better than crazy glue,
>as it's specifically formulated for plastic. I just hope it's the right
>kind of plastic. ;-)
>
>Thanks in advance...
>
>-Rhonda

One of the best glues are two part epoxies. They are very strong, impact
resistant and hold up well and can fill gaps. If your parts are not
mated correctly (i.e. there are chips missing) a model glue may not work
well. To keep the seam small, just apply consistent pressure for the
cure time. A fast cure epoxy will set up in 5-10 minutes.

Mark Ross
mark.ross10_at_verizon.net