Re: [NTLK] Oronico 802.11 cards?

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 02:30:08 EST

Benjamin Higginbotham wrote:

> Since the Orinoco is just a WaveLan card (right?) can I use that in my=20=
>
> Newton 2100? Will the WaveLan Newton driver work? If I am able to jump=20=
>
> on my Airport network, what features can I expect? E-mail? =20
> Connectivity with my Mac? World domination?

Hey Benjamin,

There is only 1 802.11b card that I know will work in the Newton.

It is the Lucent WaveLAN Silver (also says on front "Turbo 11 MB" and "compliant
IEEE 802.11").
AND it has to be Part Number = P/N: 012372A.

Another draw back is that these cards WILL NOT connect to an Apple Base Station
or any other WAP (Wireless Access Point). They will only talk to another 802.11
device in AdHoc mode on channel 3.

--
John Skinner
A+ Certified Computer Technician