Re: [NTLK] Screen Misalignment and request for fixes

From: Paul Nuernberger (newton_at_thenuernbergers.com)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 03:17:21 EST

This is how I have fixed 2 2k's and 3 2k1's. It was posted to the original
NTLK list three (?) or so years ago. Since it involves MAJOR disassembly of
the newton I have never recommended it on-list (for the technically adept,
or at least the very brave, only !!)

Marco, was it you whose post I read so long ago ?? Frank G. Maybe ??

By the way - while you have it apart - clean all the scuzz accumulated
around the chassis opening for the screen (both on the case & on the
digitizer). This is absolutely a known cure for the dreaded 'jaggies'.
Canned Air and a (de-ionized water) moistened lint-free wipe work very well.

Paul Nuernberger