Re: [NTLK] Memory Card Questions

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 17:55:28 EST

>As long as all of the packages are loaded, it doesn't matter.

Well, some packages require more NS heap if they are not on the
internal store (to avoid the Newton Still Needs The Card).

>The only
>place where you might run into problems is when packages refer to other
>packages when they are loaded.

Indeed.

>Case in point, Paul's NIE Patch needs the
>main INternet Enabler package to be loaded first (obviously). If the
>Patch was on INternal and Internet Enabler was on a Card, The patch would
>try to load first and fail.

Well, this is an exception. As the doc mentions it, the patch can be
loaded before NIE, it's smart enough (I mean latest version, I had
some problems with original version).

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/