[NTLK] blank screen problems

From: doppler (doppler_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 06:06:04 EST

hi list!

i have a strange problem that i cant solve: every time i switch on the
screen goes blank.

some weeks ago i got a backup 2100 unit. a week ago i loaded most of the big
packages both on the internal store and the card. everything worked just
fine. a couple of days ago, i transferred the rest of the info - dates,
notes, works docs, names and some extra pkgs. after this last transfer, the
error started to appear.

to get the unit back in working order, i need to pop-up my modem and
reinsert it - then a pop-up appears and parts of the screen get available
(if i close the popup, the screen area that was covered by the pop-up is
visible, the rest is blank.) if i want to make the whole screen visible, i
have to rotate the screen or something similar, so that the whole screen is
changed once. only then the entire screen will be available.

i havent seen this error before. is this covered in some FAQ, is it a common
error, is it a system bug, is my system soup corrupted? do i need to
brainwash and reinstall everything?

thanks to all who can help

PS. the names and dates were restored from an mp2000 backup file to an
mp2100 unit. all packages were freshly installed, not restored.
                      roman pixell

_________karmatic_experience_group__

         mailto: roman_at_karmatic.com
         phone: +46 (0) 8 242 606