Re: [NTLK] NewtDev.sit

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 10:28:28 EST

On 07/03/02 09:41, "Victor Rehorst" <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Mike O'Brien wrote:
>

>> There's this gigantic NewtonDev.sit file sitting out on UNNA
>> that has all the goodies that developers need. It's even got the
>> Newton Programmer's Ref. manual, which seems to have an index file,
>> something like NewtDev Ref.qv. When I unpacked NewtonDev.sit, the
>> next time I ran Disk Doctor, it told me that NewtDev Ref.qv had a
>> busted resource fork and had to be deleted.
>>
>> Anybody else see this? Anybody know anything about it?
>
> Well, sounds like you're trying to load the non-PDF version of the
> manual, correct? It's in some old Apple format whose name escapes me at
> the moment.

DocViewer?

-Laurent.

farming n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] What the heads of a disk drive
are said to do when they plow little furrows in the magnetic media.
Associated with a crash. Typically used as follows: "Oh no, the machine has
just crashed; I hope the hard drive hasn't gone farming again." No longer
common; modern drives automatically park their heads in a safe zone on
power-down, so it takes a real mechanical problem to induce this.