[NTLK] FS: 1 functional, 1 non-functional eMate - including memory upgrades!

From: F. Edward Barrett (ebarrett_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 15:44:16 EST

Hello everyone. I recently came into posession of three eMate 300s *including* the
memory upgrades. These memory cards have a "Microtech" memory card rather than the
"Newer" cards I've heard of. I can't offer anything else about the Microtech card
because their site <http://www.microtechint.com> requires the Flash plugin and I
just don't want it installed on my machine. Anyway, these cards are labelled "DT343
REV A" and boost internal storage to 3490K (from 33K used, 1727K free) , system ram
to 3972K (from 900K).

Of the three, I'm keeping one. Here are the descriptions of the two I'm selling:

1) The "good" eMate is in excellent condition. The battery originally reported
that it wouldn't take a charge, but repeated charging attempts fixed that one :) It
now holds a charge for about 4 days of moderate use. It has all of it's rubber
feet, both PC card doors, the original stylus, and an unscratched screen. It is
*just* the eMate, stylus, battery, and memory upgrade, no power supply, serial cable
or whatnot. I'd like to get $250 for this one.

2) The "bad" eMate is unusable for anything but parts. The plastics are in good
condition, but the rubber stopper at the lower right of the keyboard is missing, the
lower PC Card door is gone, the screen cable has been punctured (but the screen
itself works, I swapped in a known good display cable and it came up just fine), and
there is a ~1x3 cm area of round scratches in the top center of the screen.
Additionally, this one sat in storage for too long or something, because I get the
message that it's calibration data has been lost and it needs to go in for service.
It also says it won't charge the battery until it's been serviced, but it does
indeed recharge batteries. Even so, I acted normally once I put in a working screen
cable. It needs to be reset in order for it to power on; it doesn't power on via
the power key. It has a damaged white stylus with ridges. Again, it is *just* the
eMate, stylus, (dead) battery, and memory upgrade, no power supply, serial cable or
whatnot. I'd like to get $125 for this one, if only for the memory upgrade.

I will be posting pictures of these eMates tonight when I get home. Feel free to
mail me (not the list, please) with questions if you're interested.

Oh, and thank y'all for not buying my upgraded 2000 I posted a while back :) I
don't know what I would've done without it.

Thanks
F. Edward Barrett