Re: [NTLK] Macintosh Help!

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Mar 10 2002 - 10:30:05 EST

on 09-03-2002 11:57, Jon Glass at jonglass_at_mac.com wrote:

> The only reason I can see to stick with 8.5 is RAM. If you don't have a lot
> of ram, and don't wish to buy it, then don't go with 9

Not necessarily, if you switch virtual memory on to just MB more than your
physical memory you won't experience any slowdown and the memory consumption
of your system will dramatically decrease. If you combine this with a
'spare' system (switch off all that you don't need in Extensions Manager)
and you shouldn't have so much of a difference compared to system 8.

One caveat, you'll have to switch off virtual memory for quite a few sound
apps.

Robert Benschop