[NTLK] UNNA structure (was: High quality newton logo?)

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 13:47:28 EST

at the temporal coordinates: 3/11/02 1:09 PM, the entity known as Jon Glass
at jonglass_at_mac.com conveyed the following:

>>> I don't know why, 'cause they were already in UNNA the whole time...
>>
>> Sometimes Unna is almost scary... ;-)
>
> Does anybody else find this whole situation as funny as I do? I mean, there
> has been a flurry of activity to get this logo downloaded, "converted," and
> then back up on the web in a "readable" format, all in the space of a few
> hours, and here the files were already on UNNA the whole time! LOL. I guess
> I've learned a lesson, before asking, and before looking elsewhere, I shall
> always go to UNNA first. :-) Thanks for the entertainment folks. :-)

Well, don't feel bad. UNNA is such a fantastic resource because it includes
virtually all that's available for the Newt. As anyone who's got a truly
gargantuan bookmark file in their browser knows, a hierarchy as an
information organizing structure definitely has its limits when the number
of entries in the hierarchy becomes very large. However, I have no idea
what a better solution might be (either for the huge bookmark file or for
UNNA). Hopefully we've got a few folks who do this sort of thing
professionally and might be able to chime in.

There are two reasons I bring this up. First, in the last month or so I've
noticed a pleasant number of "I'm a newbie" or "Returning to the Newt"
postings, so the community appears to be growing. But, for the newbie, UNNA
can be a bit overwhelming, I imagine. Second, as we more and more become a
self-supporting community, we need to make the best use of our collectively
limited time and talents, so having a dozen people chasing their tails just
doesn't seem productive. (OK, I'm also just plain curious as to what a
better approach might be.)

Thoughts??

- Eric.