Re: [NTLK] Newton is on its way?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 12:12:23 EST

On 12/03/02 11:42, "Chris Chapman" <pan1k_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

> I grabbed a Newt 2100 (orig) from maceasy. Service has been great with
> Jill. UPS on the other hand... has no idea where my newt is. It's been
> about 8 days in transit...and no idea when it'll be here (damn it's not
> like i'm in the MOFN...) ! Well, I will keep you posted when the newt
> gets here.

It has been my experience that UPS Ground service is one of the worst in its
own category. I even remember tracking a package that was sitting less than
40 miles from me, in their facilities, waiting for the time to pass by so
that the package wouldn't be delivered too early.

Now, I avoid the UPS Ground service like the plague. One of the best service
I got so far is from FedEx, not perfect, but pretty good. Their ground
service doesn't suck as much as UPS' one does. US Postal Service is also
pretty good when you consider that a Priority Mail package with delivery
confirmation will get you around $5 for an average 3 days delivery.

-Laurent.

code police n.: [by analogy with George Orwell's `thought police'] A
mythical team of Gestapo-like storm troopers that might burst into one's
office and arrest one for violating programming style rules. May be used
either seriously, to underline a claim that a particular style violation is
dangerous, or ironically, to suggest that the practice under discussion is
condemned mainly by anal-retentive weenies. "Dike out that goto or the code
police will get you!" The ironic usage is perhaps more common.