[NTLK] Mad Max usefulness

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 02:39:22 EST

> The Newton hardware can support up to 21k, 16 bit sound (Full native
>rate). Still, it's not that good.

   Hey there, it matches the quality of FM radio, even a bit better,
especially since I'm playing MP3s of Charlotte Church, not the lastest
$OVER_PRODUCED_COUNTRY_SONG_OF_THE_WEEK crud that usually populates the
FM dial (and I *like* country!). FM quality - I'm happy. Now all I
need is Paul's ATA driver and a big microdrive and I'll be set (that is,
if the microdrive can keep up with the ATA driver and Mad Max).

   Gee, all this that I can do with the Newt now, and I'm considering
dropping $1600 on a Titanium PB. At least I'll look cool at the WWDC
(assuming I get a scholarship)..

Jim