Re: [NTLK] Connecting to Windows XP computer

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 08:19:11 EST

on 12/03/02 22:19, Jim Martin at jimmartin_at_mindspring.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I just bought a new Windows XP laptop. My eMate docks to the laptop without
> problem. But often, when I try to import or export NewtonWorks text files to
> the Windows XP computer, the eMate disconnects and I get the following error
> message:
>
> "The connection was stopped because of a communications error" (-1).
>
> Anyone have any ideas how to solve this? One person has suggested using
> slowdown.exe, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Did you check the FAQ?

See at the bottom of this message.

-Laurent.

drone n.: Ignorant sales or customer service personnel in computer or electronics superstores. Characterized by a lack of even superficial knowledge about the products they sell, yet possessed of the conviction that they are more competent than their hacker customers. Usage: "That video board probably sucks, it was recommended by a drone at Fry's" In the year 2000, their natural habitats include Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, and CompUSA.