Re: [NTLK] Stop the paper roll?

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 14:17:27 EST

at the temporal coordinates: 3/14/02 1:53 PM, the entity known as Marco
Mailand at Newton2k1_at_mac.com conveyed the following:

>> Is there any way to make the notes app stop stringing all the notes
>> together into a long roll. This is one of the things I have completely
>> hated forever. I'd really like individual notes....
> I wanted to point you to the possibly only positive aspect of how the paper
> roll is: All notes are arranged in the sequence of creation dates which
> might be helpful too. However, working with the tabs and overview button
> should provide all basic features I can think off. What exactly do you want
> and how should it feel like?

I guess it might be interesting if Notepad "felt" like one of those Steno
pads with the wire spiral binding across the top, but with tabbed dividers
in it. Essentially much like the Notepad already is, but without the
ability to scroll into (or even see) the previous/following note.

I've got some groupings of notes that directly relate one to another and the
paper roll is a bonus for that, but in other folders, the notes have little
to do with one another (besides their general topic, which is why they're
all in that folder), so there's not much gain from the paper roll. But then
there's no real loss either.

So, for me, I'm perfectly satisfied with the way I interact with Notepad. I
just throw these musings out for others...

- Eric.