Re: [NTLK] WaveLAN card and Airport sucks batteries

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 05:54:09 EST

on 13-03-2002 11:04, Charles P. Daghlian at Charles.P.Daghlian_at_Dartmouth.EDU
wrote:

> One thing I have noticed is the vastly increased battery usage when the card
> is active. if the batteries a draining with about 55mA current with inactive
> WaveLAN and no backlight, it jumps to about 250mA or more when the card is
> transfering data. Unless you want to lug around a big old battery in a case,
> or can find a much better battery than the standard (or even rebuilt) battery
> packs, walking around with a wireless connection is not too likely. Still, it
> is nice to be able to use the WaveLAN card

I agree, I'm in love with the wireless connection, feels much the same as
the move from serial to Ethernet, but it does suck batteries.
Since I have a spare 2100 with a rechargeable battery I just keep that one
full and swap batteries more often...

Robert Benschop