Re: [NTLK] A little help please with Palm Desktop 2.6

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 14:18:43 EST

on 3/15/02 5:07 PM, David Golden at ikondave_at_charter.net wrote:

> That's exactly what I've tried, but I get an error message about the file
> not being open and that there isn't enough memory, blah, blah, blah.
> I'll keep trying. Perhaps I'm missing a step somewhere?

Aha. This is a problem with the menu or Palm Desktop extension. The problem
is that the feature that allows alarms to work is interfering with NCU
accessing the file. There is something you can do to stop this conflict of
interests between Palm and NCU, but I don't know what it is. I think you
need to open another file in Palm, or set up another file as the alarm file
(don't rightly know how to do this, as I use Now Contact and Entourage for
alarms...)

Oh, as for there not being enough memory, it might help to find, inside the
"Intellilink" folder, inside the NCU folder, there is a file named
"COrgAE2". It is actually an application--the application, in fact, that
will do the actual syncing. It sometimes helps to increase its memory
allocation, especially if your file is rather large. :-)

You hilite it, and hit <command>-I. In later versions of MacOS, you then
choose from the "Show:" popup menu, "Memory." At that point, in the bottom
number that will appear at the bottom of the Get Info window, you should
probably enter something along the lines of "2400". Mine is set for the
default 1024, but my file must not be too large, or 9.1 has "fixed" the
problems of earlier systems. :-)

I hope this information gets you finally running!

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland