[NTLK] [ANN] Newton Bowels: Using the Name Server (GetCardInfo)

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 15:57:29 EST

Hi all,

I recall why I sent Laurent the GetCardInfo package. It was mostly to
give him a sample code about how to exchange date between tasks using
the Name Server.

I wrote the full tech note so everyone can benefit of it.
Additionally, I reviewed the code, improved it a little bit (this
package was really written in 10 minutes) and you can now download it
from my website.

http://www.kallisys.com/newton/bowels/

(the MacOS archive of course includes the source code for
GetCardInfo, I also left the compiled package for those of you who
want to use this package for itself, e.g. to find out what the
product string of a card is)

As usual, comments are welcome. I want to thank Victor and Nicolas
for proof-reading the thing and for their valuable comments. Once
again, I would be happy to host any tech note from anyone.

Regards,

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/