Re: [NTLK] dictionaries again

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 16:33:29 EST

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Brian wrote:

> I know of WordNewt as a free English dictionary (it's on UNNA), but thought
> the Lexionary was released as free after a while as well- but I can't find
> anything about such a happening on the web, or UNNA, or the list
> archives...but I really thought it had happened.

Lexionary is free as well. Use the unlocker.pkg file in the Lava folder:

http://newyork.unna.org/unna/utilites/backlight/Lava2/

Also note that Lexionary is based on the awesome WordNet database, and so
the same stuff that you can access using Lexionary is available online and
on your desktop. Go to your favourite search engine, search for "WordNet
Princeton" and get it. It's fun.