[NTLK] [ANN] FortKnox registration number no longer needed

From: Radovan Biciste (rbiciste_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 19:02:15 EST

Hi,
FortKnox registration number is no longer needed. Well sort of, I had
email conversation with Nick, author of FortKnox. He allowed me to
release general registration number for it. Software is basically secure
storage for your sensitive data. Good thing is that it actually encrypts
data. Just let you know that GeekSafe does not. It means even somebody
will be able to dig into your Newton Storage soups he won't able to
decrypt data stored by FortKnox.
You can find more info on http://www.logictools.de/newton/english/index.html
Here is transcription of my conversation with instructions how to
register etc. Will be posted on UNNA with this software as readme file.
Thanks Victor.
Radek

How do I register?
- You alredy installed Fort Knox, if not...
- Tap on Fort Knox.
- Switch to notes and open a new note.
- There, write down the code
  "0210-9704-00001?666"
  No quotation marks; with hyphen; all numbers, no "Ohs"; no blanks. Its
best to use the keyboard.
- mark the code just written, and drag it over the entryfield for the
PIN (blinking "enter PIN").
- As soon as the field is inverted let the code drop.
- The message "Thank you for registering" should pop up. If not, recheck
the code number.

That's it!