Re: [NTLK] Power Consumtion of WaveLAN card

From: Nathan Lee (keeper_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 07:21:26 EST

I don't know if the author of the Newton Airport drivers is listening or
not, but it wouldn't be all bad if the power used by the card was
adjustable. I believe that 802.11b is able to "calm itself down" if its
range is reduced. I work in an Apple Store so we've got at least four
base stations within close range and someone like me who is near the
base could have a half-power card. And if power is in any way related to
bandwidth, we surely don't *need* 11 Mbps on our little Newtons all the
time. Bye.