Re: [NTLK] Status of Wave Lan Driver?

From: Simon Roberts (srob_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 11:44:54 EST

on 3/16/02 5:05 PM, John Fraser at john_fraser_at_mac.com wrote:

> Hi I've been following the Wan Lan driver status but I havn't been
> around the past few weeks. Has anything changed? does anyone actually
> have the unit working for internet? what about with actual base
> stations instead of just airport cards?
>
> Just a little info is all I'm looking for.
>
> Thanks! =-)

Yes it is now working well for a number of people for TCP/IP (Internet) and
AppleTalk (NCU). The latest version (alpha 3) works with an ABS (and
probably other base stations) and the ad-hoc mode supported by AirPort 2.0x.

The only major things that are missing are:

1. The network name is currently fixed at "Newton"
2. Only channel 11 is supported.
3. WEP is not yet supported.

Regards,

Simon