[NTLK] [NTLK]Newbie confusion

From: James Lopez (jimmlop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 15:36:18 EST

I missed some topics a ways back regarding installing packages on the
newt.

Now that I've got mine I've dl'd NCU cuz I think I must use that to
install files. Correct?

I have serial cable..but of course I have usb (imac). I guess I need
adapter.

I did click on install package though without having the newton
connected and allowed to search for packages on my HD. I had downloaded
the 2.0 update for the 130 (from unna, and then from oldschool , but
neither one was able to be seen by NCU. Is this only because there was
no newton connected or is this a problem with packages I dl'd?

I am reading the users manuals in pdf format but some things don't seem
to be what's written.

thanks again

Jim Lopez