Re: [NTLK] pdf for Newton?

From: speedy2 (speedy2_at_dag.net)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 06:46:02 EST

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, BOURGUIGNON D DvSI/SNPI MTY wrote:

> Exactly, but you must installed another software. I prefer using the
> built-in app because of the speed of them, and it's freeing memory space.

What about converting the PDF to an RTF? If you have the full version of
Adobe Acrobat, it can do this!

I used the Windows version (ver 5) and made an RTF from a PDF, but I
couldn't get a Basiliksed NCU to export it to the Newton (via Notes).
However, I was able to get the Newton (via Notes) to import an RTF backup
I made of my Notes a few weeks ago.

I'll try installing Newton Works, perhaps it will import the RTF.

Anyway, for those who want to try with my files you can get them:

1. The source PDF (http://dag.net/~speedy2/NEWTON_SERIAL_INFO.PDF)
2. The exported RTF (http://dag.net/~speedy2/NEWTON_SERIAL_INFO.rtf)

I'm really curious how well this works, as I have a lot of PDFs and I
would like to view on my Newton.

Acrobat also has the option of exporting images to JPEG and doing other
image conversion, it might be possible to render each page as a JPEG and
use a JPEG viewer on the Newton...

Speedy2.