Re: [NTLK] [NEED HELP] More wireless stuff

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 18:03:24 EST

On 18/03/02 17:35, "Benjamin Higginbotham" <draco_at_silverdragonden.com>
wrote:

> Ok, so I have my Lucent WaveLan Silver rev 'A' card and I have the Alpha=20=
>
> 3 driver. I simply can not get it to work. As soon as I load the=20
> driver I get the error 'Error! Unable to activate Lucent WaveLan since=20=
>
> Newton Device Drivers are not in the system' and when I plug in the card=20=
>
> I get 'There is a problem with this card. (Newton cannot recognize this=20=
>
> type of card.)'
>
> I have tried the card in my Macintosh and it works great, so it's not=20
> the card. Model os 012372A. I have tried it on several Newton 2000's=20=
>
> upgraded to 2100's, still nothing. Am I missing a driver or some step=20=
>
> somewhere? What am I doing wrong? It sounds like other people are able=20=
>
> to get it to work just fine with the same card I have. What does the=20
> original error message mean?

That means that you didn't install *ALL* packages that are part of the
Newton Internet Enabler 2.0.

-Laurent.

CLM /C-L-M/: [Sun: `Career Limiting Move'] 1. n. An action endangering one's
future prospects of getting plum projects and raises, and possibly one's
job: "His Halloween costume was a parody of his manager. He won the prize
for `best CLM'." 2. adj. Denotes extreme severity of a bug, discovered by a
customer and obviously missed earlier because of poor testing: "That's a CLM
bug!"