[NTLK] serial connection at more than 57600 on Windows?

From: Vladimir Alexiev (Vladimir_at_worklogic.com)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 10:49:15 EST

Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net> on 18 Mar 2002
> > Is there a Windows program that can connect at
> > higher speeds?
>This problem with NCU was just discussed
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=101482480210590&w=2

That says:
] NCU buffer for the speed is only 5 bytes long (plus the null terminator).
] NCU tries to talk at 11520 if you hack the registry

I'm not too worried about the buffering because I got NCU running at
Realtime priority on a 800Mhz Win2000 machine, so I think the speed will be
sufficient.

However, I can't get NCU to even try at 115200. If I put this number in the
registry, NCU quits immediately after startup. Apart from NCU, is there
another Windows program that might work at 115200?

>> about 1/3 of the time NCU disconnects when installing a
>> package at 57600bps...seems to me
>> that happens more often when the Newton is not
>> connected to the power adapter

I confirm this: if my Newton is connected to the power adapter, I can
successfully download things as big as 4Mb.