Re: [NTLK] Newton Emulator

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 09:07:39 EST

on 3/20/02 12:06 PM, Andy Pasulka at anp919_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> There was also Poor Man's Newton which I got from an AMUG CD, I think. It
> emulated (in a sense) a 110 or some other NOS1.x machine, as I recall. It
> wasn't fully functional, as I don't recall being able to install packages.
> But having a real Newton already, I didn't spend too much time with it.

If it's what I'm thinking, it was a Hypercard stack that had the "look" of a
Newton, but was basic in its function, not really imitating the Newton's
intelligence, and certainly not the hwr. :-) Interestingly enough,
implementing the Newton's intelligence is an easy-enough task. I've sort of
done it in HC stacks I've written. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland