Re: [NTLK] NCU via Ethernet to Classic under Mac OS X 10.1.3 - broken

From: Jesse Garnier (lists_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 12:41:33 EST

David Abramowitz wrote not long ago (3/20/02 11:11 AM):

> So does anybody have this working? I wonder if the 10.1.3 update broke
> something. Newt is set to Dock via AppleTalk to my PowerBook, but can't seem
> to find it anymore. All settings have not changed (Appletalk on Newt uses
> Ethertalk and 3COM card, AppleTalk set to built-in Ethernet in Classic, and
> NCU set to use AppleTalk).

My system is just like yours, except I use AirPort, and my Newt can connect
via AppleTalk (with only one problem, see below). It "sees" my Classic
"machine", not my OS X machine, in the "other computer" dialog. I have "Make
AppleTalk active" checked in my OS X Network preferences. In OS 9, I have my
AppleTalk control panel set to use "Ethernet slot 1", which is its name for
my AirPort card. I would presume the only change for you is to make
AppleTalk point to "Ethernet built-in" instead.

One note: My Newton *consisently* fails to see the machine the first time it
looks. After it fails, I try again, and it works.

Good luck!

--Jesse