[NTLK] 3-Com E'net slow

From: Andy Collins (andy.collins_at_belgravium.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 07:41:28 EST

Hi Folks,

I've started using an ethernet card (3Com Megahertz 589ET) on my mp2k for
the first time recently and I'm surprised at the lack of speed.

I tried downloading a 500k file from my Linux box using NewtFTP and was
getting about 1kB per second. Is this normal? Is there any tuning of params?

Also, I seem to have lost the file (clumsy I know). When the FTP client
received it, I was asked to file it to either the inbox or notes. I chose
the inbox. I than moved it to "personal" but now I can't find it! Any ideas?

Thanks.

Andy