Re: [NTLK] How do you interface with your newt?

From: eric a . Farris (eafarris_at_bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 11:42:58 EST

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 10:44:18AM -0500, Bradford Schmidt wrote:

> own pillow, eh Ed?). But what I'm curious about is what people use as
> their main goto app to keep things in the proper place in their wetware
> brain. TODO? Hyper Newt?

MoreInfo. MoreInfo. MoreInfo. absolutely THE best PIM i've ever used,
any platform, paper or electronic.

MoreInfo's AtAGlance is my backdrop (most times, unless i'm doing
something where i'll need the extra mem), set to show five days in
advance. It shows Notes, ToDos, Meetings, Events, Calls, all in one
place, sorted by day.

I was reading somewhere (probably nooface.com) where studies have shown
that humans are better at storing information temporally (not
temporarily -- sorted by time) than more 'traditional' file/folder
organization. This is how MoreInfo's AAG works. call up a day in AAG and
you can see the notes you created that day, in addition to the todos you
checked off, calls you made, etc. PocketPC2002's "Today" screen is a
*very* cheap knockoff of AtAGlance.

AAG would be enough, but MoreInfo also lets you link information. this
was it's marketing schpin, and the icon is chainlinks for a reason. Link
a meeting with notes archiving past meetings. Link a call with the
person you're calling, and the notes from that call. You can also link
Notion lists, in addition to Notes, Todos, Names, Meetings, Events,
Calls, Inbox, SOunds, Works Documents... :)

PowerLinks(tm) is another feature that lets you link Name cards to other
name cards *and define their relationship*. Stuff like parent<->child,
secretary<->supervisor, employee<->employer.

for me, it's the Newton's Killer App. Hell, it's a PDA's Killer App.
I've used DateBk4 for the PalmOS and both Agenda Fusion and Pocket
Informant on WinCE. Nice apps, but I ended up still searching for the
power and simplicity of the Newton and MoreInfo. Highly recommended.

MoreInfo: http://www.silverware.com/MoreInfo.shtml

--
eric a. Farris  eafarris_at_bigfoot.com  www.bigfoot.com/~eafarris
Systems Administrator

This message composed in an MFCE (Microsoft Free Computing Environment). Courtesy of Debian GNU/Linux www.debian.org

What? You haven't picked up on the new legal system in the U. S.? If it annoys a large company, it's illegal.