Re: [NTLK] Package initialization problem

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Fri Mar 22 2002 - 10:34:05 EST

Alex Strilets wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new newton user and just recently swithched from using palm pilot.
> First, let me say that newton is way better organaizer than Palm, to begin
> with you will not loose any data if your battery dies.
> Now, yesterday, I installed some software on my newton and it was probably
> designed for earlier version, so I get error message saying that this
> package can not be initialized blah, blah, blah.... Well so be it. But I
> had to restart my newton and this message appears again. So apparently
> package is sitting somewher, trying to be initialized, but where is it?
> It is not in "Unfiled Icons" ? Where can I find and kill it?
> Alex

Open up the Extras drawer, and tap on the pop-up menu at the very top of
the Extras drawer to change your view to "All items" (i think that's
what it's called) and/or make sure you are set to view items on all
stores (i.e. internal and any memory card you may have inserted). Then
look to see if you see the item giving you the "can not be initialized"
error.

If not, change your view to "Storage" and see if it's in there. You see,
when you view all items it still won't show you what is in the Storage
folder. You have to view this one separate for some reason.

HTH!